• Page:

TOPIC: #AR #VR Opinions on the State of the Industry by @chrisgrayson

#AR #VR Opinions on the State of the Industry by @chrisgrayson 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

Interesting 32 page deck opining on the state of Augmented and Virtual Reality by Christopher Grayson

Table of Contents:
1.) Where VR went wrong, why this matters to AR and how to set it right
2.) Optically transparent displays
3.) Smartglasses, general purpose AR interface
4.) Other notable developments
5.) Consumer face recognition & mesh-networks
6.) Events
7.) Conclusions
Christopher Grayson wrote:
While the media treats VR as the new gaming console, I see both VR and AR as globally transformative technologies — something as big as the invention of the telephone, on par with the invention of the internet itself — VR and AR are the technologies the internet has been waiting for.

Virtual Reality, the ability to place two or more people from anywhere in the world into the same virtual space — potentially infinite in size, with a sense of presence — will sweep away national borders, challenge the global political landscape, and possibly even change the way we think of humanity itself.

This report is a collection of observations, ideas, and opinions, loosely connected by the common theme of virtual and augmented reality.

If you like what I have to say, I’d like to hear from you, and see how we can change the world together.

Source: www.giganti.co/ARVRreport2017
Click here to download the PDF (zipped): bit.ly/ARVRreport
or mirror

File Attachment:

File Name: AR-VR-State-of-Industry-Grayson.pdf
File Size: 2,156 KB

Attachments:
Regards :)
Nguyen Quang Tri
Founder of:
3Dstreaming.org
3Dx360.net
Contact me
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Tri Quang.

• Tri Quang
  • Administrator

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds

Read Also The Latest 3D Stereoscopy News

3D VR 360

Privacy | Terms | Contact Us | Add your URL
Get Help | 3Dstreaming.org ©2010-2017 | Feedback
Author: Nguyen Quang Tri
Privacy | Terms | Contact Us | Add your URL | 3Dstreaming.org ©2010-2017 | Feedback | Get Help | Author: Nguyen Quang Tri

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

OK

Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications)

Official Journal L 201 , 31/07/2002 P. 0037 - 0047 [ more details... ]

Terms About US Privacy